ACCESSING A LIST OF ALL LICENSED, CERTIFIED, OR REGISTERED APPRAISERS
Every appraiser that is licensed, certified or registered by a U.S. regulator is reported monthly to the Appraisal Subcommittee of the
Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council. The Appraisal Subcommittee maintains an online database of every licensed, certified
or registered appraiser nationwide. The web address of the Appraisal Subcommittee is: www.asc.gov.
Follow these steps to access the database:
- 1. Once on the Appraisal Subcommittee home page, click the link “ASC National Registry.”
- 2. At the bottom of the screen, select “Standard Query.”
- 3. From the list of searching options, select #2 “Appraisers Within a State.”
- 4. Select a state name from the drop down menu.
- 5. The results are organized by the last name of the appraiser you are researching
- 6. Clicking the name of an appraiser will bring up the following information: type of license (one of the four categories listed above), license number,
effective date of licensure, expiration date of license, the appraiser’s address and phone number.