2011 OHIO FIRE CODE TRAINING MODULES
As you are hopefully aware, the Ohio Department of Commerce, Division of State Fire Marshal (SFM) is in the process of updating the 2011 Ohio Fire Code (OFC). The SFM will publish the next version of the OFC in 2017. In conjunction with the publication of the 2017 OFC, the SFM is planning to develop and publish training modules highlighting significant changes from the 2011 to the 2017 OFC.
In anticipation of this, the SFM is now publishing training modules that highlight the significant changes from the prior 2007 OFC to the current 2011 OFC. These modules have been in development for some time, and are now being published for two reasons: 1) to provide continuing education (CE) opportunities for you, and 2) to get feedback regarding their format and content, so we can create an even better product for you in the future.
The 2011 Ohio Fire Code training modules are now available through the International Code Council (ICC) and can be accessed from the ICC Campus website. Each course is approximately one hour long.
If you are familiar with the ICC’s website and have an ICC account:
- Go to the ICC Campus website and sign on (http://www.icccampus.org)
- Select the “Course Catalogue” tab at the top of the screen
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen to locate the “State Specific Training Courses” and enter “2011OFC” as the ‘state access code’ and hit the “Go” button
- Select the “OHIO FIRE CODE UPDATE – 2011” course to “purchase” (at no cost) the training modules
- The 2011 OFC Training Modules will now appear in your account and can be accessed by going to the “My Account” tab (after logging in) and selecting “My Courses”
***For technical support using the ICC’s website or the training modules call: (888)422-7233 x33821 or e-mail the email@example.com Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. central standard time***
If you do not have an account with the ICC, or would like information regarding how to access the OFC courses:
- Click on the following link to watch a short video about how to create an ICC account and access the 2011 Ohio Fire Code Training Modules:
How to Use ICC Campus
After you have created an ICC account, you can locate and access the 2011 Ohio Fire Code Training Modules by following steps 1-5, above.
After viewing each course and passing the short test at the end of each course, you will be able to print a certificate of completion which can be submitted to your fire chief for CE credit in accordance with DPS procedures. To print your certificate of completion:
- Sign into your ICC account
- Go to the “My Account” tab at the top of the screen and select “My CEU History”
- Click on the “Print Certificate” link under the CEU Activity Name / 2011 OFC Update Course that you want to print
Finally, the SFM would also appreciate your feedback regarding the format and content of the modules. This will help us in providing you with effective training tools in the future. Please submit any comments to the SFM at: firstname.lastname@example.org. (Please note the underscore between “sfm” and “codeenf.”) Thank you.